Hosted by the Taxation Committee of the Probate & Trust Law Section
Now that the Uniform Trust Code has crossed the river into New Jersey, practitioners practicing in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania are asking, how are these two “Uniform” Trust Codes similar and how do they differ?
This practical CLE seminar will explore the key provisions from both states, identify where they mirror each other and explore the differences as between the two codes.
Expert practitioners from both sides of the river will examine the following issues:
(1) History of the New Jersey Uniform Trust Code
(2) History of the Pennsylvania Uniform Trust Code
(3) Chart the correlation between the two codes (a quick user guide to each code)
(4) Explore when going to court still may be the best option
(5) A fiduciary's perspective of the Uniform Trust Code
(6) Comparing and contrasting pertinent sections of each Uniform Trust Code, such as:
-- Non-judicial Agreements
-- Trustees: Removal, Appointment and Vacancies
-- Virtual Representation
-- Directed Trusts
-- Modification and Termination
-- A "hodge-podge" of other variations between the two codes
Join your colleagues for this information luncheon program examining the similarities and difference between the Uniform Trust Code in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
SAVE THE DATE!!
October Quarterly Meeting for the Philadelphia Bar Association Probate Section
Monday, October 10, 2016 @ 12:30pm (Columbus Day)
Loews Philadelphia Hotel, WASHINGTON Room
1200 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
NEW ORPHANS COURT RULES
Kathryn Crary, Gadsden Schneider & Woodward, LLP
Amy C. Quigg, Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
Obadiah English, Mannion Prior, PC
Lisa Rhode, Gadsden Schneider & Woodward, LLP
Bradley Terebelo, Heckscher, Teillon, Terrill & Sager, PC