Hosted by the Young Lawyers Division
Are you serving on a Nonprofit Board or considering it? Come learn what an attorney acting as a board member needs to understand about his or her legal and fiduciary duties and how to effectively advance the organization's goals and mission. This CLE will address the special issues facing lawyers who serve as board members, as well as, provide best practices to improve board performance and productivity.
Key learning objectives include:
- Roles and duties of Board members
- Key Subcommittees of the board, including governance and human resources
- Integrating the work of the committees so as to advance the organization's goals
- Special issues facing lawyers who serve as board members
- Best practice tips to improve board performance and productivity