Hosted by the Young Lawyers Division as part of the Board Observer Program
The CLE will address ethical issues that can arise with nonprofit board member/director duties, tax issues, and executive compensation. Panelists will examine changes in the law for which new board members should be aware.
The following topics will be explored:
- Compliance with Changes in Law/Regulations
- Spotting Potential Conflicts with Your Firm's Current Clients (Pa. Code Rule 1.7 & 1.8)
- Activism & Reform--Where Should Your Draw Your Line (Pa. Code Rule 6.3 & 6.4)
- Social Media Involvement and Confidentiality (Pa. Code Rule 1.6)
- Slippery Slopes--Fundraising and Professional Solicitation (Pa. Code Rule 7.3)
Moderators will also ask panelists to share experiences regarding how problems arise and can be avoided or, if unavoidable, addressed and prevented.
Attendance by Board Observers is encouraged. You may register for CLE, which include lunch, or the lunch only option by clicking on the registration tab to your left.