Co-hosted by the Philadelphia Bar Association Securities Regulations Committee and the New Jersey Bar Association Securities Law Committee
As regulations continue to change and lawsuits, investigations and enforcement actions continue apace, it is critical that securities practitioners and litigators keep up with the latest developments. Join colleagues from both sides of the Delaware River for an annual update in securities litigation and regulatory practice with a full-day program that explores and profiles significant developments and trends in securities laws.
- Review the developments of the past year
- Gain perspective from regulators and prepare for 2018 and beyond
- See how the new administration affects it all
- Earn Ethics Credits
Hear from regulators and practitioners regarding latest trends in securities laws and hot topics, related to:Regulatory and enforcement activities
- What are the significant legal developments of the past year?
- What will they be looking for in 2018
Broker dealers, investment advisers and funds
- What will the new SEC champion?
- What should we expect from the Choice Act?
- What are the best-practices and effective strategies to help navigate today's evolving financial environment?
- What is the current impact of the Department of Labor's Fiduciary Rule?
- What is the impact of the SEC's considerations of new standards of conduct for broker dealers and investment advisers?
- What are the lawyers' obligations for a client's wrongdoing?
Katayun I. Jaffari, Esq., Ballard Spahr LLP
Robert Usinger, Esq., Assistant V.P. , Financial Institutions, One Beacon Insurance Group
Joel M. Wertman, Esq., Winget, Spadafora and Schwartzberg, LLP
Susan Oberlies, Esq., Vice President, Corporate Counsel, Lincoln Investment
Terry Reilly, Esq., Montgomery McCracken Walker & Rhoads LLP
Jennifer L. Rodriguez, Esq., Chief Compliance Officer, Toews Corporation, Northfield, NJ
Peter A. Jaslow, Esq., Ballard Spahr LLP
Korey Pirouz, Esq., Assistant General Counsel, AmerisourceBergen Corporation
Elizabeth Wideman, Esq., Senior Deputy General Counsel, Comcast Corporation
Richard A. Levan, Esq., Levan Legal, LLC
Suzanne C. Abt, Esq., Senior Counsel, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
Robert B. Kaplan, Esq., Vice President and District Director, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
Amy G. Kopleton, Esq., Deputy Chief, New Jersey Bureau of Securities, Division of Consumer Affairs
Scott A. Lane, Esq., Senior Deputy Chief Counsel, PA Department of Banking and Securities, Office of Chief Counsel
William Despo, Esq., Despo Law Group
Paul T. Chryssikos, Esq., Vice President, Regulatory & Litigation Counsel, Lincoln Financial Group
Professor, Jacob H. Russell, Assistant Professor, Rutgers Law School
Frederick D. Lipman, Esq., Partner, Blank Rome LLP
Program agenda is subject to change.
Don't miss this annual update featuring prominent securities litigators and lawyers, high-level enforcement officials, senior in-house counsel and economists!