Last FREE CLE of 2017 for Philadelphia Bar Association members in good standing.
Hosted by the Professional Responsibility Committee
WHO IS MY CLIENT?
Or "There, but for the Grace of God, go I"
Many excellent lawyers have identified the "client" too late, or incorrectly, resulting in dire consequences. Panelists will identify lessons to be learned from a number of courts decisions, enabling attendees to determine WHO is the "client" and WHEN an individual may become a "client."
The court decisions to be discussed and the identifiable issue include:
- Togstad v. Vesly, et. al.
- Paterno Estate, et. al. v. NCAA
- danger of misidentifying the "client" and resultant absence of attorney-client privilege
- Commonwealth v. Schultz, Curley, and Spanier
- Pa. Superior Court decisions on the consequences of not recognizing when an individual has become a client
- Cosgrove. v. National Marine and Fire Ins. Co.
- tri-partite relationship gone awry
Attend FREE as a Philadelphia Bar Association member in good standing and hear the answer to the aforementioned question and earn your required 2 ethics credits.