Zoning and land use in Philadelphia is ever-changing. Whether you are a seasoned professional or a newly minted lawyer, the complexities of navigating the Philadelphia development process remain consistent throughout your career. In this comprehensive three-hour seminar, you will learn about the current state of the inner-workings of the Philadelphia zoning process from those who interpret and enforce the rules and regulations.
Panelists will guide you on a thorough tour of zoning including process, strategy, appeals and other critical considerations that influence the success of a proposal. Topics will include:
- Navigating the Philadelphia Zoning Code
- Process and procedures for obtaining zoning approval for a new proposal including new uses, construction or renovation, and lot line changes
- Registered Community Organizations: organization, obligations, challenges and strategies
- Managing interaction with City agencies including the Planning Commission, Streets Department, Water Department, Art Commission, Historical Commission, City Council, the Board of License and Inspection Review, Office of Property Assessment and the Health Department
- Appeals to the Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Permit expiration, modification and extension
- Building Permit considerations and appeals to the Board of Building Standards
- Appeals of zoning approvals to the Court of Common Pleas
- Other related considerations including: effect of approvals on real estate tax assessments, abatements, Revenue Department compliance, code violations and more
Attend this primer on zoning and land use and receive guidance from panelists including representatives from the Department of Licenses and Inspections, the Zoning Board of Adjustment, the City Planning Commission, as well as experienced legal counsel.