If you missed the live presentation of this practical and entertaining presentation, you can attend this video encore and learn how to conduct your first or next arbitration
With more than 20,000 cases a year concluded at the arbitration level, the Compulsory Arbitration Program in Philadelphia County is one of the most successful programs of its kind in the nation. Compulsory Arbitration in the First Judicial District is controlled by the arbitration rules of the Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure and the Philadelphia Civil Rules. Compulsory arbitration was created as a means of efficiently disposing of smaller civil cases and conserving judicial resources by requiring as a first step that such cases be tried before a panel of three local court-appointed attorneys, with the understanding that any party can later appeal the decision and obtain a new trial.
Experienced practitioners offer guidance and practical strategies to successfully conduct an arbitration and serve as an arbitrator. Receive explanations and examples regarding the following:
- Definition of the Arbitration program and introduction to the process
- General roles, responsibilities and E-Filing
- Substantive/Service Issues
- Stipulation issues
- Limited tort vs. Full tort status in motor vehicle personal injury cases
- § 1722 "paid or payable" argument
- Act 6 reduction
- Introduction Police Reports
- Application of the Fair Share Act
- Cases involving the Plan
- Special evidentiary issues
- Ethical Concerns during the arbitration process
- AND OBTAIN CERTIFICATION TO BECOME AN ARBITRATOR
"Bounty from the Bar Food Drive" Until Nov. 16.
The Young Lawyers Division is requesting nutritious, nonperishable food donations for the "Bounty from the Bar Food Drive" in partnership with Philabundance. Philabundance food collection boxes are available until Nov. 16 at the Philadelphia Bar Association in the 10th Floor Board Room and outside of the 11th Floor Conference Center. Food items are preferred, but monetary donations are also accepted. Click here to donate online. Let us work together to help provide some relief for the hungry!