The second CLE program in a series of Philadelphia Bar Association CLE programs that Prepare You to Take Action!
Co-hosted by the Hosted by the Young Lawyers' Division, Immigration Law Committee, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and Public Interest Section
This timely CLE program will provide background regarding President Trump’s Executive Order regarding the travel ban, how it affects you, your clients and the community.
Our faculty will discuss the following, among other topics:
- What is Trump’s Executive Order and who is impacted?
- The seven included countries
- Non-immigrants, including those travelling on business visas such as B-1, H-1Bs and Ls
- Lawful Permanent Residents (“green card” holders)
- Dual nationals
- What is the current state of legal challenges?
- *What other changes are anticipated and how you should prepare for them*_(such as changes in the definition of deportable crimes and expedited removal hearings)_
- How to advocate for our clients both in and out of court
- Working together with community organizations, non-profits and the Bar Association
- Working with clients to formulate an “Action Plan” to protect them and family members in the event of a detention or removal from the U.S. (i.e. Powers of Attorney, babysitting arrangements, etc.)