A Can't Miss Video Encore!
Eligible for Capital Case/Death Penalty credits.
A witness recants. Corruption is uncovered. An expert's science is discredited. What happens when the basis for a conviction is called into question after trial? What happens when both the prosecution and defense agree that someone is innocent?
Hear from panelists on the front lines of this issue, from the Innocence Project, the Defenders Association and the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, as they address and answer the following questions:
- What is a "wrongful conviction"?
- How do the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office, Innocence Project, and Defenders Association, as attorneys for the wrongfully convicted, evaluate innocence claims?
- How that challenge is litigated?
- What are some of the challenges in that litigation from both sides?
- What implications does this have for practicing attorneys and the criminal justice system?
Also, attorneys will learn how they and their firm can assist the Innocence Project in its work here in Pennsylvania.