Co-hosted by the Intellectual Property Committee and the Young Lawyers Division
This CLE program examines the developments in intellectual property law in the past year, including major cases in the Supreme Court and District Courts.
Panelists address the following topics, among other issues:
- Defend Trade Secrets Act
- First Damages awarded under the Defend Trade Secrets Act (Dalmatia Import Group, Inc. v. FoodMatch Inc. et al.)
- Developments in the trade secret dispute between Uber and Google.
- Recent Developments Patent Law
Several United States Supreme Court cases have altered the patent litigation landscape:
- TC Heartland LLC v. Kraft Foods Group Brands LLC and its implications on venue in patent infringement lawsuits
- Impression Products, Inc. v. Lexmark International, Inc. and its implications on patent exhaustion
- SCA Hygiene Products Aktiebolag v. First Quality Baby Products, LLC and its implications on the defense of laches
- The Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al. v. Apple Inc. ruling regarding the limitations on design patent damages
- Life Technologies Corp. v. Promega Corp. and its implications on the infringement of multi-component inventions
- Recent Development in Copyright Law
- Skidmore v. Led Zeppelin and the alleged copyright infringement of "Stairway to Heaven"
- Developments in cases involving the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Recent Developments in Trademark Law
- Matal v. Tam and the United States Supreme Court striking down the prohibition on offensive marks and the implications to the National Football League
Join our Intellectual Property Committee and YLD to hear the latest updates in IP Law!