Join your colleagues for this 2-hour video CLE, applicable to attorneys in all practice areas, that provides simple tips, pointers, and advice on how to avoid common malpractice pitfalls.
This program will provide guidance to attorneys regarding how to protect themselves and minimize their chances of being sued for malpractice or being subject to other ethical issues. Panelists will address the primary reasons why attorneys are sued, the stages of a representation where attorneys get into trouble, practical steps an attorney can take to minimize risk, as well as professional liability insurance, which is critical in protecting the law firm and the attorney in the event of legal malpractice.
Panelists will address the following:
- Understand the fundamentals of a malpractice claim
- Identify conflicts of interest
- Recognize tools to aid in defense if you are sued
- Tips to strengthen the attorney-client relationship
- Gain insight and miscellaneous tips to minimize risk
- Choosing and understanding the policy, coverage details and list of provisions
Attend and earn a discount on your malpractice insurance, advised and administered by USI Affinity. The discount does not apply to part-time policies.