Hosted by the Real Property Section
In March of this year, the Philadelphia City Council approved the Philadelphia Land Bank's 2017 Strategic Plan. With the approval, the Land Bank's revised acquisition and disposition policies took effect. Hear our authoritative panel, which includes the newly appointed Philadelphia Land Bank Executive Director, discuss the use of land banks for revitalization of vacant, abandoned and blighted property.
This CLE provides an overview of land banking in Pennsylvania, in general, and more specifically in Philadelphia. The panelists will address key details regarding Pennsylvania Land Bank law and the current state of land banking, as well as, examine Philadelphia Land Bank's operations and strategic plan.
Panelists will highlight:
- What the Philadelphia Land Bank is
- What the Land Bank wants to accomplish and has done so far
- Process for acquiring property from the Land Bank
- Legal issues and obstacles/challenges that the Land Bank has experienced/may experience
- Philadelphia's Land Bank in the context of other land banks operating across the commonwealth
Join your colleagues in the Real Property Section for this informative and timely CLE program exploring the current state of land banking in Philadelphia.
Early Bird Registration Ends TODAY, Sept. 21