Tell Your Colleagues - the BRIDGE THE GAP course is available at the Philadelphia Bar Association
In recent years, the Disciplinary Board of Pennsylvania has recorded an increasing number of complaints filed against newly admitted attorneys for violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct which directly relate to the practical aspects of operating a law office.
The result was the Bridge the Gap program intended to give all newly-admitted PA attorneys the "know-how” which is otherwise learned through trial and error. The Supreme Court of Pennsylvania approved a rule change requiring newly admitted lawyers to complete the Bridge the Gap program by their first CLE compliance deadline.
This program focuses on key issues of ethics and professionalism that are essential for all attorneys admitted to practice law. Topics include:
- Ethical issues and best practice issues in forming the attorney-client relationship
- Evaluating and addressing conflicts
- Handling communications with clients, opposing counsel, the courts and third parties
- Handling client funds
- Handling client files and confidential information
- The disciplinary process and sanctions
- Overview of PA Supreme Court Disciplinary System
- Resources for attorneys