November 09, 2005
Business Law Section Seeks Nominations for 2005 Replansky Award
The Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association seeks nominations from the Philadelphia legal community for the Sections 2005 Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award. The award will be presented at the Sections Annual Reception to be held on Thursday, Jan. 18, 2006 at the Pyramid Club. The award recipient will receive the privilege of designating the recipient of the Sections annual charitable contribution to a public interest organization.
Award criteria are as follows:
- superior legal talent in the area of business law;
- unique contributions to and significant achievements within the business law community in the Philadelphia area;
- a reputation for mentoring young attorneys;
- significant participation in and contributions to civic and charitable causes in the community;
- uniform recognition in the legal community of the candidates honesty, integrity and professionalism; and
- each candidate must be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Associations Business Law Section.
The Section established the award in recognition of Replanskys career as a lawyer and his contributions to legal, civic, religious and other charitable causes. Replansky was a 51-year old senior partner at the law firm of Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley when he died in March 1994. He was a former chair of the Business Law Section.
The deadline for award nominations is noon on Friday, Dec. 16.
Written nominations detailing the nominees qualifications for the award should be sent to: Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award, c/o Sandra A. Jeskie, Esquire, Duane Morris LLP, 30 S. 17th St., Philadelphia, PA 19103-7396; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the Dennis H. Replansky Award or the nomination process for the award may be obtained by calling Sandra Jeskie at (215) 979-1395.