September 17, 2003
Nominations Sought for Wachovia Fidelity AwardNominations are now being accepted for the Philadelphia Bar Association's 2003 Wachovia Fidelity Award. The Wachovia Fidelity Award (formerly the First Union Fidelity Award) is annually presented by the Bar Association to an individual who has made significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice. Last year's recipient was Barbara T. Sicalides, a partner at Pepper Hamilton LLP and board member of Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program.
Upon reviewing the nominations, the committee will be look for the following criteria:
- Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
- The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association;
- Distinguished service consistently rendered over a considerable period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year (The fact that this single achievement may have occurred some years ago is not material so long as it has not been recognized.);
- The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than for service rendered as a paid professional; and
- It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association not now in public office or directly involved with the court operations or any other public service activity.