| CHIEF LEGAL OFFICERS, LAW FIRM MANAGING PARTNERS AND DIVERSITY THOUGHT-LEADERS FROM ACROSS THE COUNTRY ARE GATHERING IN PHILADELPHIA TO DISCUSS || |
- Best Practices for the Recruitment, Retention and Advancement of Women and Diverse Attorneys
- Benchmarks to Measure Success
- The Roles White Men Can Play to Advance Diversity and Inclusion in Corporate Legal Departments and Law Firms
- Generational Diversity and Its Impact in the Workplace
- Successful Pipeline Initiatives and Mentoring Programs
Robert J. Grey, Jr., Executive Director of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD), will deliver keynote remarks at the kickoff luncheon. Grey is a past President of the American Bar Association and the second African American to hold that position.
Confirmed Speakers Include:
- Thomas E. Cabaniss, Managing Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
- Mark Hershey, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary, Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
- Eric Hilton, Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, H.J. Russell & Company and Concessions International, LLC
- Alan J. Hoffman, Co-Chair and Managing Partner, Blank Rome LLP
- Robert A. Nicholas, Partner and Global Director of Legal Personnel, Reed Smith LLP
- Karl A. Racine, Managing Partner, Venable LLP
- Robin Sangston, Vice President, Legal Affairs, Cox Communications, Inc.
- Mark S. Stewart, Chair, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Sherry D. Williams, Senior Vice President, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, Halliburton
The symposium's speakers and advisory board members hail from Washington DC, Chicago, New York, Atlanta, Miami, Richmond, Charlotte, Philadelphia and Houston. Among the organizations represented are Cox Communications, Inc.; Halliburton; Comcast Cable; Armstrong World Industries, Inc.; H.J. Russell & Company; Concessions International, LLC; Caraustar Industries, Inc.; Macy's, Inc.; Compass Group; Sunoco, Inc.; Ballard Spahr LLP; McGuireWoods, LLP; Reed Smith LLP; Blank Rome LLP; Venable LLP; Fox Rothschild LLP; Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP; DLA Piper; Jackson Lewis LLP; the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity; and the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession.
According to a NALP: The Association for Legal Career Professionals' November 2010 press release, nationwide, minority attorneys account for 6.16% of law firm partners and 19.53% of associates. Women account for 19.43% of law firm partners and 45.41% of associates.
In Philadelphia, minority attorneys account for 3.97% of law firm partners and 13.29% of associates. Women account for 19.04% of law firm partners and 45.79% of associates.
We recognize that Philadelphia is below the national average in the categories of minority partners and associates, and women partners. And, we're barely above the national average when it comes to women associates. We must do better.
The Philadelphia Bar Association is committed to advancing diversity and inclusion in our profession and we look forward to hearing from leaders such as Grey to gain insight about how to do better.
To Register Visit:
The Union League of Philadelphia
140 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
- Registration Opens 10 a.m.
- Luncheon 12:30 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- Opening Plenary 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (2 CLE credits)
- Three Concurrent Breakout Sessions 4:15 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (1 CLE credit)
- VIP Networking Reception 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
A LIMITED number of hotel rooms are being held on the nights of November 7-8, 2011 at a rate of $209 for a standard room. Please call The Union League front desk at 215-587-5570 and refer to the Philadelphia Bar Association room block. The rooms will be held until October 6, 2011.
| || |
Who Should Attend:
- Law Firm
- Managing Partners
- Hiring Partners
- Practice Group Leaders
- Executive Committee Members
- Chief Talent Officers
- Chief Diversity Officers
- Diversity Committee Members
- Chief Legal Officers
- Bar Association Leaders
- Diversity and Inclusion Leaders
- Full Registration
$195 until 9/30
$250 after 9/30
(Includes Luncheon; Opening Plenary and Breakout Session - 3 CLE credits & VIP Networking Reception)
- Individual Registration for Luncheon & Opening Plenary - 2 CLE credits
$150 until 9/30
$185 after 9/30
- VIP Networking Reception Only
$55 until 9/30
$70 after 9/30
- Table of 10 at Luncheon & Opening Plenary - 2 CLE credits per person
- Full-Page Ad in Program Booklet
- Half-Page Ad in Program Booklet
For additional information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact Naomi K. McLaurin, Esq., Director of Diversity, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-238-6340.