November 19, 2003
Business Law Section Seeks Nominations for 2003 Replansky AwardThe Business Law Section is seeking nominations from the Philadelphia legal community for the Section's 2003 Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award. The award will be presented at the Section's Annual Reception to be held on Thursday, Jan. 29 at the Pyramid Club. The award recipient will receive the privilege of designating the recipient of the Section's annual charitable contribution to a public interest organization.
- superior legal talent in the area of business law;
- unique contributions to and significant achievements within the business law community in the Philadelphia area;
- a reputation for mentoring young attorneys;
- significant participation in and contributions to civic and charitable causes in the community;
- uniform recognition in the legal community of the candidate's honesty, integrity and professionalism; and,
- Each candidate must be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association's Business Law Section.
The Section established the award in recognition of Replansky's career as a lawyer and his contributions to legal, civic, religious and other charitable causes. Replansky was a 51-year-old senior partner at the law firm of Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley when he died in March 1994. He was a former chair of the Business Law Section.
The deadline for award nominations is noon on Friday, Dec. 12.
Written nominations detailing the nominee's qualifications for the award should be sent to: Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award, c/o Kathleen M. Shay, Esq., Duane Morris LLP, One Liberty Place, Philadelphia, PA 19103-7396; or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about the Dennis H. Replansky Award or the nomination process for the award may be obtained by calling Kate Shay at (215) 979-1210.