October 26, 2001
Nominations Sought for First Union Fidelity AwardNominations are now being accepted for the Philadelphia Bar Association's 2001 First Union Fidelity Award. Nominations should be made in writing. Please include a detailed informational statement setting forth your reasons for recommending the nominee for this award. The deadline for receipt of nominations is 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 9, 2001.
Nominations should be sent to Stephanie Krzywanski, Philadelphia Bar Association, c/o Fidelity Award Committee, 1101 Market Street, 11th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
The criteria for the award are:
- Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
- The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association;
- Distinguished service consistently rendered over a considerable period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year. (The fact that this single achievement may have occurred some years ago in not material so long as it has not been recognized.);
- The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than for service rendered as a paid professional; and
- It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association not now in public office or directly involved with the court operations or any other public service activity.