November 28, 2016
Holiday Resolution Court – December 2016 NEW
Through the end of the year, every judge sitting in the Arch Street office will accept Compromise and Release cases in the manner of the former Resolution Court.
The requirements are:
- The matter must be one assigned to Philadelphia or Upper Darby only;
- The parties MUST obtain the approval of the assigned judge to transfer to the judge who will hear the C&R;
- The parties must state on the record at the C&R hearing that they have obtained that permission;
- The C&R must dispose of all open petitions;
- No petitions from any other WCOA office will be accepted.
There will be no central scheduling of these C&R cases. The parties must determine which judges are sitting on which days, and then contact the sitting judge's office to request a C&R hearing, to confirm that the C&R will be heard as requested, and to communicate that the approval of the assigned judge has been obtained.
A hearing calendar for the month of December 2016 will be posted shortly in the Southeastern District offices and on the Philadelphia Bar Association Workers' Compensation Section listserv.