July 07, 2006
Bar Associations Young Lawyers Division to Award Scholarships to Five Local Law StudentsPHILADELPHIA The Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association has selected five law students to receive the first annual YLD Minority Bar Association Scholarship Award in the amount of $500 each.
The 2006 recipients of the YLD Minority Bar Association Scholarship Award are:
- Norman Griffiths, Villanova University School of Law (Barristers Association)
- Tejal Mehta, Villanova University School of Law (South Asian Bar Association)
- Jennie Phillip, Widener University School of Law (Asian-American Bar Association)
- Nicole Ramos, Temple University, James E. Beasley School of Law (Hispanic Bar Association)
- Avia Trower, University of Pennsylvania Law School (NBA - Women Lawyers Division)
The YLD will present the scholarship awards and recognize all of the scholarship candidates at the upcoming Summer in the City event that will take place on July 13, 2006 at the at the Print Center, 1614 Latimer St., from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
The Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association is comprised of more than 2,300 members of the Philadelphia Bar Association who have not reached their 37th birthday and all Philadelphia Bar Association members who have been practicing less than three years. The YLD is very active in both the law community and the community of Philadelphia. Throughout the year, members of the YLD are involved in numerous committees to develop programs that help children, the elderly, the disadvantaged, and many more.