October 14, 2007
Business Law Section Seeks Nominations for 2007 Replansky Award
The Business Law Section is seeking nominations from the Philadelphia legal community for the Section's 2007 Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award. The award will be presented at the Section's Annual Reception to be held on Tuesday, January 22, 2008 at the Pyramid Club. The award recipient will receive the privilege of designating the recipient of the Section's annual charitable contribution to a public interest organization.
Award criteria are:
- superior legal talent in the area of business law
- unique contributions to and significant achievements within the business law community in the Philadelphia area
- a reputation for mentoring young attorneys
- significant participation in and contributions to civic and charitable causes in the community
- uniform recognition in the legal community of the candidate’s honesty, integrity and professionalism
The Section established the award in recognition of Dennis Replansky's career as a lawyer and his contributions to legal, civic, religious and other charitable causes. Dennis Replansky was a 51-year old senior partner at the law firm of Blank Rome Comisky & McCauley when he died in March 1994. He was a former chair of the Business Law Section.
The deadline for award nominations is noon on Monday, December 10, 2007.
Written nominations detailing the nominee's qualifications for the award should be sent to: Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award, c/o Sandra A. Jeskie, Esquire, Duane Morris LLP, 30 S. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103-7396; or e-mailed to email@example.com.
More information about the Dennis H. Replansky Award or the nomination process for the award may be obtained by calling Sandra Jeskie at (215) 979-1395.