February 28, 2011
An Open Forum on CLE
As we approach the 20th anniversary of mandatory CLE in Pennsylvania, please join us for a forum sponsored by the Professional Responsibility Committee and open to all Bar Association members, on Monday, March 14, 2011 at noon in the 11th Floor Conference Center of the Association offices, 1101 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA.
Come and voice your opinions and concerns about the present and future of CLE in Pennsylvania:
- What works and what doesn't?
- Are changes necessary?
- Are the requirements sufficient or excessive?
- Is experienced-based CLE an appropriate approach and will it help to raise the overall quality of legal representation provided to all clients?
- Should more on-line CLE be allowed?
- Does attendees' multi-tasking - newspapers, mobile devices - impact the effectiveness of CLE?
- Are the consequences of non-compliance too draconian?
Our program will be led by a distinguished panel including Abraham C. Reich, Co-Chair and Partner of Fox Rothschild, LLP, and current Chair of the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board; Dan Levering, Administrator of the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board; and Sarah Woods, the Executive Director of Philadelphia VIP which provides free CLE credit for those who take approved courses and agree to provide pro bono representation.
Seating is limited so please register as soon as possible . The forum is free, and lunch is available for purchase for $4. To register, click here.