800-274-3258 (Consumer HELPLINE)
Provide legal advocacy and services to low-income consumers, the elderly, and persons with disabilities statewide having trouble accessing publicly funded healthcare coverage or services.
Persons who qualify for or are seeking to qualify for one of Pennsylvania’s publicly finance, means-tested health insurance programs, including Medicaid/Medical Assistance and CHIP;
Geographic guidelines: Pennsylvania
By phone: M-F, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
1. All aspects of the Pennsylvania Medicaid/Medical Assistance Program, including eligibility, managed care grievances and appeals, community based services waivers, Medical Assistance for workers with disabilities, service limit appeals, Medicaid
transportation programs, rural health, and behavioral health.
2. Children’s Health Insurance Program eligibility and services.
3. Charitable obligations of health care providers
4. Health care policy and financing for low-income
5. Health care provider education.
Community Education: newsletters, Web site, treatises, and direct outreach to the community. Legal Representation and referrals on low-income health issues. Health Policy Advocacy on behalf of consumers.
Laval Miller-Wilson, Esq.
Propose a Change If this is your listing, click here to login and propose a change to this entry.