State Civil Litigation
The purpose of this Section is to promote the objectives of the Philadelphia Bar Association within the field of state civil litigation and, to that end, to advance the development of the law and the further and continuing education of the Philadelphia bar within that field in all its branches. The Section also formulates and extends the study of this field of law, cooperates in attaining uniformity with respect to both legislation and administration in all matters within this field. The Section cooperates with judicial, legislative and administrative bodies and other constituents of the organized bar to further these activities. It suggests improvements in applicable laws, practices and procedures. It also works to simplify and improve the application of justice in this field in conformity with the Charter and Bylaws of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
Philadelphia Bar Association 2010 Annual Report Questionnaire of the State Civil Litigation Section (SCLS), the Rules and Procedure Committee (RPC), the Compulsory Arbitration Committee (CAC) and the Medical Legal Committee (MLC)
- Proposed Recommendation No. 249 - Proposed Amendment of Rules 4009.1, 4009.11, 4009.12, 4009.21, 4009.23, and 4011 Governing Discovery of Electronically Stored Information with Explanatory Comment
- Proposed Recommendation No. 247 re: Rule 223.1 - Providing Jury with Copy of the Charge
- Proposed Recommendation No. 246 Proposed Amendment of Rule 220.1 Governing Voir Dire
- Proposed Amendment of Rule 206.1 Governing Petitions and Rule 206.5 Governing Rules of Show Cause
- Proposed Recommendation No. 241 - Rescission of Rule 4014 Governing Request for Admission and Amendment of Rule 4019 Governing Sanctions.
- Letter to Karla M. Shultz re Proposed Recommendation No. 239re Pre-Trial and Settlement Conferences