- Business Law Section
- Family Law Section
- Probate and Trust Law Section
- Public Interest Section
- Real Property Section
- State Civil Litigation Section
- Tax Law Section
- Workers' Compensation Section
- Young Lawyers Division
- July 28, 2020 - All Philadelphia civil jury trials scheduled through January 4, 2021 are postponed and will be rescheduled, non-jury trials scheduled after September 6 will be heard using remote technology. See notice.
- July 21, 2020 - President Judge Fox has issued an order regarding continuation of the stay in certain mortgage foreclosure and landlord tenant matters related to dispossession of property.
- July 17, 2020 - The Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ordered that all landlords filing evictions between March 27 and August 24, 2020 must file an Affidavit of Compliance with the federal CARES Act in the form attached to the order.
- July 16, 2020 - Administrative Judge Allen and Supervising Judges New and Glazer have issued Policies and Protocols for Use of Advanced Communication Technology for Court Proceedings in Civil Matters
- July 13, 2020 - President Judges Fox and Dugan have issued an order implementing the reopening in phases of the Philadelphia Municipal Court Civil Division to in-person proceedings and providing information about appeals from Municipal Court Judgments.
- July 13, 2020 - The Criminal Justice Center has issued a main level floor plan and photo showing the social distancing plan for reopening the building.
Re-Opening Task Force
Re-Opening Task Force has been created to provide a set of resources and best practices as law offices re-open their doors and work places after the shutdowns mandated by the pandemic.…Read More
Fall Civil Jury Trials Postponed, Non-Jury Trials Held Remotely
All Philadelphia civil jury trials scheduled through January 4, 2021 are postponed and will be rescheduled, non-jury trials scheduled after September 6 will be heard using remote technology.…Read More
Law School Outreach Committee Panel Series Thursday, August 6 at 12 p.m.
Weekly series for law students. This week's topic is, "Case Study in Advocacy"…Register Here
Discounts for Members
Our colleagues, clients, and referral sources are now facing unprecedented disruption to their work and home lives. Philadelphia Bar Association benefits provide unique discounts and offers on products and services that you can use to help maintain business continuity in this challenging climate.
Get Published in The Philadelphia Lawyer
The Editorial Board welcomes submissions from attorneys and other professionals, who are members of the Philadelphia Bar Association, who wish to share their expertise on law-related topics.
Accepting manuscripts in multiple genres: law-related articles & features, general interest, fiction, practice areas, essays or humor, and book reviews.
Articles must be original and previously unpublished.
As policy, we do not compensate our writers.
For more information, email Brittany Robertson at email@example.com
Philadelphia Bar Foundation: Coronavirus Response
The Philadelphia Bar Foundation has been an anchor institution for civil legal aid for more than 50 years. We extend our thoughts and best wishes to colleagues, friends, and families who are being negatively affected by the virus and the current crisis. The disruption to business operations in the U.S. and the economic downturn created by the COVID-19 pandemic is having a significant and damaging impact on the Foundation's fundraising activities. We have taken immediate action in response to budget concerns, but we need your help. Please donate today to help us continue providing unrestricted funds and technical support to legal aid agencies on the frontlines of this crisis. DONATE TODAY!
Transforming Access to Justice: Philadelphia Equal Justice Center
The Philadelphia Bar Foundation is leading the Equal Justice Center (EJC) project, which will permanently transform the capacity of the city's legal aid system to sustain its operations and improve the delivery of services to clients. At the EJC, a shared physical location will create efficiencies and collaborative program opportunities, freeing up much-needed resources. Organizations in the EJC will collectively confront interlocking issues, which will be life-changing for Philadelphians seeking multiple vital supports. Help support this important project by learning more and donating today! www.philaequaljusticecenter.org DONATE TODAY!
Upcoming Philadelphia Bar Association CLE Courses
All CLE programming, until further notice, will be offered via webcast. For course offerings, dates, and times, please visit:
Philadelphia Bar Association Calendar List
Then, type "CLE" in the search box and hit "Go."
The Pennsylvania Supreme Court issued an order temporarily modifying Rule 108 of the Pennsylvania Rules of Continuing Legal Education to eliminate the six credit cap on CLE credits earned through distance learning with respect to credits needed to satisfy all 2020 compliance deadlines.
Full course calendar here.
Pennsylvania Innocence Project Virtual Annual Celebration 2020 Wednesday, August 5, 2020 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Please join the Pennsylvania Innocence Project for an evening of "Sharing our Stories", a streamed online event where our clients who have been exonerated will have an opportunity to share their experiences having been wrongfully convicted, their fight to prove their innocence and their newly found freedom. We are especially thrilled that Black Thought, the co-founder and lead MC of Philly-based hip-hop group and Tonight Show house band, The Roots, will open the event live. Registration is required. For more information go to The Pennsylvania Innocence Project website.…Register Here
Philadelphia VIP Family Law Practice Group
On Wednesday, August 12, Philadelphia VIP's Family Law Practice Group will meet via Zoom, from 12 - 1:00 p.m. Strategize about VIP cases, connect with fellow attorneys, and deepen your commitment to expanding access to justice with Philadelphia VIP. For more information and to register, visit www.phillyvip.org/events/family-law-practice-group-june-2020/.
Philadelphia VIP Annual Awards Ceremony, September 17
On Thursday, September 17, Philadelphia VIP is hosting its virtual Annual Awards Ceremony from 6:30 - 7:30 pm - save the date! VIP volunteers provide the highest quality legal representation to low-income clients in need of legal assistance; please join us in celebrating the accomplishments of these volunteers and honoring the top individual volunteers and partner organizations.