CLE Financial Hardship Policy
A financial hardship discount to attend Philadelphia Bar Association LIVE and video replay CLE programs may be available to attorneys in good standing who are unemployed or under-employed and/or have other financial hardships. The Philadelphia Bar Association offers a reduced tuition to allow attorneys experiencing financial hardship to fulfill their mandatory education requirement.
- The fees charged by the Philadelphia Bar Association for continuing legal education programs and seminars reflect the Philadelphia Bar Association’s commitment to the availability of affordable quality CLE programs to members of the bar-at-large.
- Requests for a discounted tuition for Philadelphia Bar Association-sponsored CLE programs shall be made in writing and submitted to the Philadelphia Bar Association CLE Financial Hardship Dept. at least two (2) weeks before the date on which the CLE course or program is to be held. Applications received less than two (2) weeks before the program may be denied.
- Financial hardship discounts may be applied only toward price of CLE tuition.
- Attorneys receiving the discounts are responsible for any other costs of attending a CLE program.
- The Philadelphia Bar Association CLE Financial Hardship Dept. will reply by email, no later than 3 (three) business days prior to the date on which the program or course is to be given, provided the application has been timely submitted. Please contact Philadelphia Bar Association, using the contact information listed below, if a reply is not received 3 (three) business days prior to the start date of the program.
- Financial hardship discounts will not be granted retroactively.
- Financial hardship discounts are nontransferable from program to program, person to person or product to product.
- Financial hardship discounts will not be granted for distance learning CLE programming.
- Please include your state and bar number for each state in which you are requesting CLE credit.
- The written request must also contain a statement of the economic hardship. All requests made pursuant to these guidelines shall remain confidential.
- We encourage you to email your application to the following address: Financialhardshipdiscount@Philabar.org. You may also submit your request via fax or mail using the information below.
CLE Financial Hardship Dept.
Philadelphia Bar Association
1101 Market St., 11th Flr.
Philadelphia, PA 19107-2955
- A financial hardship discount may only be requested and used twice in a calendar year.