October 14, 2020
Deadline Extended to October 22: We want YOU to Run for Board of Governors
The deadline to complete nomination forms for Board of Governors members and officers has been extended until October 22. This extension is a result of the challenges that accompany collecting signatures without the ability to have in-person meetings at the Association. The deadline of October 15 remains for YLD candidates.
To become a candidate, Association members can obtain the nomination form from Tracey McCloskey at email@example.com. Nomination forms must be completed with the appropriate number of signatures and returned on or before October 15 for YLD candidates and October 22 for board of governors and officers candidates for the December 8 Annual Meeting.
Each elected position requires a written nomination accompanied by the signatures of Association members:
- Five seats on the Board of Governors - each requires 25 signatures
- Secretary - requires 35 signatures
- Assistant Secretary - requires 35 signatures
- Treasurer - requires 35 signatures
- Assistant Treasurer - requires 35 signatures
- Vice Chancellor - requires 100 signatures
- Seven seats on Young Lawyers Division Executive Committee - requires 1 signature
For election materials, including signature forms, and the full election calendar, click here.