April 07, 2020
Resources for Financial Assistance
Banks, lenders, and service providers are offering flexibility in payments, special loans, and more to help during the COVID-19 crisis. Solo and Small Firm Management Committee Cochair Kristine L. Calalang compiled the following list of resources for financial assistance. She recommends reaching out directly to individual companies, as they can address specific needs and may have more programs and offers available outside of what they advertise online.
- Comcast – They are offering business customers credits for their April bills. Contact them directly with your business account information for further details.
- Ally Bank – For offers to defer payments and waive certain fees.
- Bank of America - Sign in online if you are their customer, and you can submit an online request for payment deferral where there is no impact on your credit.
- Citi – For how to request payment deferrals/forbearance for credit cards, mortgages, and other loans, along with waivers of some fees, including penalty waivers for early Certificate of Deposit withdrawals.
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs – Enroll in a customer assistance program that allows for deferral of loan payments and penalty-free early withdrawals of high-yield Certificates of Deposits.
- TIAA Bank – They are offering to waive fees and have a COVID-19 mortgage assistance application available.
- Navy Federal Credit Union – For information regarding their Pandemic Relief Loans, offers for forbearance on payments for existing loans/credit cards, and an offer for penalty-free early withdrawals for Certificates of Deposit.
- PNC Bank – For information on how to apply for their loan/mortgage hardship assistance program and their offers of waivers of certain fees.
- Wells Fargo Bank – To learn more about their payment suspension programs, fee waivers, and suspension of foreclosure and repossession actions.