June 03, 2020
June 3: City Hall and CJC Closed; Critical Court Services Operating
Due to protest activities in Center City, the Criminal Justice Center and City Hall will be closed on Wednesday, June 3, 2020. First Judicial District Court Administrator Joseph Evers announced, "Except for those employees who are deemed 'essential' by their supervisors, FJD employees should not report for work on Wednesday, June 3. Critical court services are to remain operational."
Critical court services remaining operational:
- Arraignment Court, Bail Acceptance, and Emergency Protection from Abuse services will remain operational.
- Hearings scheduled for Wednesday, June 3rd at the Family Court Building are cancelled, EXCEPT FOR Shelter Care and Detention Hearings, which shall proceed. All other hearings will be rescheduled. Parties will be notified.
- Domestic Violence petitions may be filed at the Stout Center for Criminal Justice.
- Electronic filing will remain available.
- Emergency filings may be filed electronically OR in the basement of the Stout Center for Criminal Justice.
- Any Common Pleas Court criminal hearings scheduled for June 3rd are cancelled and will be rescheduled. Parties will be notified.