October 27, 2021
Nominations Now Open: 2021 Citizens Bank Achievement Award
Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 Citizens Bank Achievement Award. Nominations should be made in writing. Please include a detailed statement setting forth the reasons why you are recommending the nominee for this award and any other information you feel is relevant. The award will be presented at the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Annual Meeting on December 13.
Nominations should be mailed to Citizens Bank Achievement Award, Attn: Dawn Petit, Philadelphia Bar Association, 1101 Market St., 11th Floor, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or emailed to email@example.com. The selection will be made by a committee which includes all available prior recipients of the award.
The criteria for the award are:
- Significant accomplishments in improving the administration of justice (preferably in Philadelphia);
- The absence of prior recognition for this work by the Philadelphia Bar Association as a whole;
- Distinguished service consistently rendered over a sustained period of time or a single outstanding achievement in a particular year. (The fact that this service or single achievement may have occurred some years ago is not material so long as it has not been recognized);
- The accomplishment must arise from voluntary activities rather than service rendered for compensation;
- It is preferred that the recipient be a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association; and
- The recipient must not now be in public office or directly involved with court operations.
In making a nomination, please provide the following:
- How long have you known the nominee?
- What has been your relationship with the nominee?
- Explain how the nominee meets the criteria for the award; and
- Explain why you otherwise believe the nominee should receive this award.
You also are welcome to submit up to three letters of support of the nomination from others who know the nominee.
The deadline for nominations is Wednesday, November 17