November 22, 2021
Vote Now in Bar Elections
Vote Now in Bar Elections: Here's Everything You Need to Know
Participating in Philadelphia Bar Association elections is your chance to have a say in the future leadership of our community. Use the guide below to make an informed decision and cast your ballot.
Who is running for office?Vice Chancellor: Jennifer S. Coatsworth, Katayun (Kathy) Jaffari
Secretary: Michael J. Stackow
Assistant Secretary: Diane Penneys Edelman
Treasurer: Matthew S. Olesh
Assistant Treasurer: Dino Privitera
Other than Vice Chancellor, the other line offices are uncontested.
Board of Governors (five open seats): William S. Braveman, Ernest Holtzheimer, Michael Huff, Stephen T. Kulp, Bethany Nikitenko, Nan Sato and Arly Smith-Pearson
YLD Executive Committee (seven open seats; only YLD members can vote): Olutola (Joyce) Adelugba, Shahirah Brown, Antima Chakraborty, Nikia Clark, Caroline Curley, Kiersty DeGroote, Jacqueline DiColo, Samantha J. Fitzpatrick, Isabel C. Naveira Lopez and Sarah Robinson
How can I learn more about the candidates?
- Read the candidates' bios and personal statements in the November edition of The Philadelphia Bar Reporter.
- Watch a video of the first candidates' forum, co-sponsored by the Diversity in the Profession Committee. Find it here.
- Watch a video of the second candidates' forum. Find it here.
- Watch a video of YLD Executive Committee Candidates' Forum. Find it here.
How will I get my ballot?
Ballots were sent out via email on Monday, November 22. The ballots were sent on behalf of the Association by Intelliscan Inc., an independent election services provider.
How can I make sure my ballot doesn't end up in my Spam or Junk folders?
- Ask your email administrator/provider to whitelist this domain name: PhilaBarAssn@intelliscaninc.net.
- You should also ask your administrator or provider to whitelist the following IP addresses: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
What do I do if I didn't get my ballot?
Call us at (215) 238-6300 if you don't receive your ballot.
Someone forwarded me a link to vote in Bar Elections – can I use it?
No. The only way to vote is through the link to your online ballot sent by Intelliscan, or with the paper ballot that was mailed to you (if you do not have an email address.)
When is the deadline for voting?
All ballots must be cast by 5:30 p.m. on Monday, December 13.
Can I vote in Bar Elections if I'm not a member?
No - only Voting Members in good standing are eligible to vote in Bar Elections.
I really want to vote! Is there still time to renew or join?
It's not too late! You have until December 3 to join or renew. Visit our website to do it online or call us at (215) 238-6300.