April 20, 2020
ABA Day Digital April 22-23
The Philadelphia Bar Association invites you to unite with your colleagues across the country April 22-23 and tell members of Congress to take action on issues of vital importance to the legal community.
ABA Day on the Hill, an annual lobbying event, has gone digital.
You do not have to be an American Bar Association member to participate.
Use the ABA Digital Day on the Hill Toolkit to:
- Send a message directly to your lawmakers guaranteed to pass Congressional firewalls.
- Use the same tool to post a message on lawmakers' social media for all their followers to see.
- Get your network to add their voice.
2020 advocacy opportunities include the following:
- Support the Legal Services Corporation (LSC)
LSC ensures "Equal Justice Under the Law" by giving access to justice in every district in the US. It forms the backbone for America's civil legal aid and pro bono systems, and provides legal assistance so people know their rights.
- Save the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
The PSLF program enables attorneys to work in poor and underserved communities by forgiving a portion of their student loans. This helps to shrink the difference in pay compared to working in the for-profit arena.
- Support Legal Services for Homeless Veterans
Nearly 40,000 veterans are homeless on any given night, and there is a very real danger that the number will spike considerably in the coming months, given the increasing number of people losing jobs, being evicted and facing poverty in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
Registration is required.
Click HERE to register and get started on advocating for these important programs. You can also view a full schedule of digital conference events, including online panels and advocacy training.